26 Jul Organic Sulfur, Critical To Life!
“The Heating Element”, aka sulfur, almost as important as oxygen to your body. Without sulfur, there is no life. The activity of sulfur reaches each minute cell, enabling it to eliminate toxic substances through agitation. Each and every drop of blood, nerve fiber and cerebral neuron is affected. Its action is slow, yet accumulative. It is a beauty enhancer, as a large percentage of sulfur is in keratin, found in tissues such as nails, hair, the epidermic layer of the skin, and even the cornea of the eye. Sulfur is also known to have important influence upon the liver, promoting bile secretions.
The medicinal use of sulfur goes back thousands of years to the Trojan Wars, when wounded soldiers healed in the sulfur Baths of Agamemnon. Sulfur baths are still popular for treating joint and other diseases around the world. Similarly, sulfur-rich garlic has been used for several millennia to prevent and treat diseases. It contains powerful antibacterial substances, which may explain garlic’s extensive use as a folk medicine.
Why Do You Need Sulfur?
Because sulfur is an element, the body cannot make it and instead, must obtain it from food. So, why would one have a deficiency? Since 1954, our food supply has been devoid of sulfur, thanks to the use of chemical fertilizers and the over-processing of our foods. Sulfur is found in most fresh raw fruits and vegetables, high in broccoli, rainwater, on blades of grass (dogs and cats seek it by chewing on grass), in some grains, wheatgrass juice, seafoods, seaweeds, mammal milk, and meats. The problem is that it is destroyed by aeration, processing, cooking, and homogenizing. Organic sulfur is found in all living organisms. It is also contained in raw plant and animal foods. It is NOT found in any foods that have been either stored during shipping, refrigerated, or cooked. Unless you are eating a large amount of raw foods, you are unlikely to be getting enough sulfur in your diet!
Some Of The Many Benefits Of Sulfur
- Increases enzyme production within the glands in the body, substantially increasing overall resistance to illness.
- Reduces muscle inflammation, promotes healing in the muscles and prevents them from becoming sore. (Very beneficial to athletes!)
- Supports healthy inflammatory processes and histamine levels.
- Increases flexibility in the tissues within the body and increases blood circulation.
- Aids in healthy skin production and the reduction of “wrinkles”. It is one of the main ingredients in moisturizing creams.
- Promotes healthy, increased growth of hair and nails.
- Helps alleviate emphysema. It provides the body with material to manufacture new, healthy cells on lung walls.
- Helps the body properly regulate insulin production. Adequate amounts in the diet can reduce the need for insulin injections.
- Promotes healthy cellular oxygenation, repair and growth and has been studied for its anti-cancer effects. Because of the oxygenation of the cells and tissues, which creates an aerobic environment, cancer cells cannot exist.
- Helps reduce and often eliminate diverticulitis.
- Promotes better kidney function.
- Helps speed up hangover recovery! Because the cell walls are more permeable, it causes the body to rapidly release alcohol “hangover” toxins, removing them as waste from the body, therefore speeding up recovery time.
- Protects against the breakdown of cartilage.
How do you choose PURE Sulfur?
I’m often asked for product suggestions and product reviews. There are many companies out there that claim to be pure and organic, when they really aren’t. Many MSM’s available are processed, include fillers or binders, or are from unnatural sources. You want to make sure to pick one that is 100% PURE Organic Sulfur, consisting of 99.9% pure (distilled) methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) derived from the lignans of the conifer tree. It should contain no added fillers, binders, or flow agents, and be non-GMO, Vegan and 100% American sourced. Take one teaspoon dissolved in warm water, twice daily on an empty stomach at least one hour away from medications.
~ Kim Johnson
Make Sure To Add Me On Facebook!